CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Oh Stress, How I Loathe You

I hate stress and the fact that I stress out over the littlest things that shouldn't be stressful. Last night after I got home from the chiro and stopping at Dierbergs, more stuff was going on with this job that was offered to me by Dad's former employee. To sum it up, Dad played middle man and tried relaying info between this woman and me.

It was ridiculous. I was told by Dad to not call this woman back and to call the man who is the chef and owns the place where I was offered the job. Dad told me to call him between 4-6pm yesterday to set up an interview for TODAY! Whoa last minute information! (a) Mom, Colleen, and I are going to look at wedding dresses today. My friend has all mine pulled and we have an apt. with her at 11:30am (b) I have ZERO interview-type clothes. No wait, make that no dress clothes. I have a few sun dresses but that's it (c) my resume isn't even fully updated. So I was freaking out that I'd have to call someone (the woman or the chef) and explain everything and that I wasn't coming in for an interview after all this phone tag. Found out I didn't have to call anyone so I felt a little relived. I was just worried about Dad calling me and asking if I set up an interview and/or what was going on.

Luckily as of this morning he hasn't said anything. Of course, that's like my father to not say anything to me. We never talk. The only time he opens up and jokes and talks with me is when Jeff is around. I don't know why that relaxes him but it does. He doesn't not communicate with me because he's mean or a bad father, he just doesn't know how. He can communicate and talk to his patients at work really well, but when it comes to his own daughter, forget it.

Back to last night...so I started updating my resume and was struggling with parts of it and not sure what to put or was lacking info that I had to get from my mother about the work I do at their office. I also had to start looking for jobs online and I did find quite a few that are receptionist jobs with full benefits, paid vaca, and start around $14/hr! So I got excited and start telling Mom about them when she got home. Big mistake there. Being Negative Nancy she starts listing all the things that could be wrong with the jobs and that, "You better send that resume now! Those job positions won't stay open!", and is getting on my case about that. I just walked out of the room because I was getting so pissed off.

Needless to say, I was highly stressed out at this point and had consumed 6oz of white Merlot and a Clif chocolate chip bar that I didn't need to eat because I had already eaten dinner. I had a few other nibbles of "junk" food but nothing drastic. I called Jeff a bit later asking him if he wanted to go to Baskin Robbins and get some ice cream. I figured I'd just chalk up the day as one off day on my 21 day plan. If I *really* only have one off day in the 21 days, I highly doubt it'll hurt me.

So we got the ice cream but I only got one scoop of the no sugar added Turtle Truffle in a cup. I was kinda hungry by 11pm because the last time I ate was 4pm so I made a sandwich with Natural Hormel turkey meat, Healthy Life bread, fat free slice of cheese, and the end of some Baked Doritos. This all would have been good and God if I didn't wake up at 3:30am in back pain and go wandering into the kitchen while still half asleep! I got a strawberry milkshake pop tart (which I NEVER eat!) and cut a small piece of the chocolate iced brownie mom made. WTF?! A year or so ago I would get up in the middle of the night "hungry", or so I thought I was, and would eat junk food til I was stuffed! Thank goodness I broke myself of that habbit.

So that brings me to this morning. I don't think my belly is any bigger than usually with bloat from the processed foods last night, so that makes me feel better. Speaking of bloat, I totally forgot to talk about this...yesterday around 3pm my tummy blew up! I thought I had to go potty again but the more I took notice of how my body was really feeling, I started to think it was just bloat. And by 9pm I was sure it was because it was going away and I had gas LOL I did consume whey a few time yesterday and call me crazy, but I think I've noticed on the days I consume more whey, the more bloated I get!

So today I'm going to rest (the first time in like 2 weeks! Ugh!) and not consume any whey. I was kinda struggling making breakfast because I wanted to eat something that'll stick with me through out dress shopping but not make me feel too full. I ended up eating a Thomas Light english muffin with some peanut butter and a container of Dannon Light and Fit yogurt. I was going to do the muffin and some whey in my tea but I really want to figure out if the whey is to blame.

Now I have to get ready to go dress shopping!!! I may take my camera to get some pics and I may post them ;o) Have a great one!

0 comments: